Sometimes it is our faith that stirs us. Lately with the situation I am in I am really stirred in my faith. I was hanging the laundry on the clothes line yesterday evening and I thought to myself how surreal it feels to be in England. When we drive in the car and do not have a cd or my morning alarm is classical music. I don't know that I have ever listened to classical music on a regular basis. It just makes this adventure that much more unreal. As I look back at the past couple years I think about the difficult things that God has taken me through; colicky babies, a 9 month deployment, a miscarriage, and now a move away from everything that I have known. I have always had people around me that I could run into at the store that I would know. Here there is no one. God has been faithful and increased my faith through these times. Now as I anticipate the birth of our third child I really just have the faith that through all of this that there might be some challenges with this baby but I really am praying and having faith that it will be easier than my other two. God has moved us across the world and I just don't believe that He would put me here and not help me. I am really praying in faith that Bethany is not a colicky baby and that really she is a fairly mild tempered child. I know of people that have been blessed with these children and I just can't help but pray for that for myself in this situation. As He stirs your faith allow Him to encourage you and love on you but also have hope not only through the difficult times but that times of refreshing and peace would come to. And faith for those times.
Good morning, Katie. I have been praying, too, that Bethany will be an "easy child" --- like Michael was, as much as possible, in every way! I did not know how easy I had it! And I know, you could use a break right about now! :-) I have been praying specifically that Bethany will eat without all the prompting and that she will not be colicky. Oh my goodness. I remember how hard you worked with Sarah... and the helplessness I felt (all I could do was pray; and I prayed!). It tore my heart out to see you two have to go through that, hour after hour, day after day, night after night. It was so obvious that God was with you in that valley because you both had such steadfast patience and gentleness with Sarah in spite of her screaming until she stopped breathing. Remember Michael holding her up and tenderly saying, "Breath, Sarah." You've experienced that; now I hope you are blessed to experience an easy child. I love you so much. Mom #2
ReplyDeleteHey, you! Sorry I havent been in contact....I have been thinking of you & praying for you, though! I think of you when I am at church, wondering how you are doing. Well...I just wanted you to know, I am here for you, even if you don't hear from me everyday! You will do good, the best thing is, you are with your husband & kiddo's! How is church there? I will pray for God to bring you a special friend....I know He has already gone ahead of you & has plans for you! Love you, sweetie! Have a fantastic day :)Heather H.
ReplyDeleteWell sweetie, prayers for an easy delivery were certainly answered. Let's hope that everything else goes as easily. If anyone can handle all the changes you can, you're amazing!
ReplyDeleteMom