Saturday, April 04, 2009

Our home in Burwell, UK!





So we signed the lease on our house today! How exciting! We are ready to stay there and get out of your tiny little TLF. We have really seen God's hand in it all and we are very excited to see how He is going to use us in Burwell. It is about 20 to 30 minutes from RAF Mildenhall which seems to be the only downfall about the home. We really like the location. The town of Burwell we have fallen in love with. I have not had a chance to take a picture of the roads around here but they are very narrow with no shoulders. There are trees or brick walls on the side of the road. When we first got here and were driving around I was sure that we were going to either hit a tree or someone in the other lane. Ok so about the house. It is a 4 bedroom. Typically the washer is where your dishwasher would be in your kitchen. This one fortunately has a laundry area. It also has a fridge and a dishwasher (I am so blessed)! It has two large rooms downstairs one to be the dining room (which we are going to use as a play room) and the living room. There is also a half bath. There is also a tiny room right as you come in the door of the house that Mike says gets to be my scrapbooking room. YEA! A Hide-a-way for me! The bedrooms are small by American standards but for homes around here they are quite nice. We are going to use one as a closet, Sarah & Cory's room, Bethany's nursery, and our bedroom. There are two bathrooms on that floor with one only have a bathtub and one only having a shower. Here are a few pictures. Also, check out my "Life in Pictures" on the right for further pictures and details. Mike even gets a garage! Check out our HUGE yard!

Love you all!!

BTW! - no complaining if your refrigerator is too small. The ones in the UK are TINY!

6 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I love the green grass!!!! Happy adventures to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Katie. You are doing it!! LOve you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is amazing! Thanks for the update. Enjoy the house and the large yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fridges are tiny! I know! so are the rooms. but wonderful home! so excited for you. aren't the european airports boring? and they seem like they go on forever. i totally felt it when you were describing pushing the luggage carts through. been there, done that. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Gosh it's huge compared to alot of the homes in England...AWESOME. And what a nice yard! Grass is hard to come by there I've heard. I'm so happy you'll be able to settle in now...have you seen your sneak peaks??? Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm soooo excited for you and your adventures! Your home looks wonderful and I know God has all the coming-ups figured out as well :) Luvs to ya'all~

    ReplyDelete