Sunday, October 03, 2010

Captivating


We just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. Oh how we have grown together but also how the Lord has used us and grown us to do His works is amazing. I am thankful for my amazing husband and when we were in the Hohenzollern Castle in Germany, Mike took this picture of me. Sometimes I think about when he was perusing me and calling me to be his princess .I read this poem today and it made me think about how my husband does not see all my stretch marks from having children or the flaws in me but he sees the beauty in me the way that Jesus does. Sometimes I think that I need the reality of that Jesus loves me just the way I am. I love you Mike! Cheers to many more years together!

Captivating

To see a woman from my own eyes
is to look into heaven in a beautiful disguise
a heart so tender a love so strong
deep in her soul i know she longs
to be loved, wanted, fought for and treasured
the beauty on the outside is not to be measured
but the wonders of her love like the vastness of the ocean
a heart so captivating it hypnotizes like toxin
for to see a woman through God's own eyes
is to look past the beautiful disguise
to see her soul for what it is
a wonderful place where Jesus lives
a nurturing, caring, passionate heart
an awesome, capturing, alluring art
with eyes that pierce and lips that beckon
a force which man has yet to be reckoned
for the beauty of a woman is not discovered
by the outside wonders, a wonderful cover
but in her soul and in her heart
a true account for God's own art. - unknown

1 comment:

  1. Love this poem... and can't believe it's been 7 years already! Congrats & blessings on the next 7 =]

    ReplyDelete