We are definitely in the training stages of Sarah's life. Lots of disciplining going on at the Glathars. I need some advice from you moms that have been there done that. I think that it is finally time (at 20 months) to wein Sarah of her pacifier. I am not sure how to do it and I am running into her stealing Cory's as I have not allowed her to have it accept at bed time.
Also, What about potty training? I think that Sarah is interested I just don't know where to start or what to do. Please give this mother some advice...
I've Moved...
11 months ago
The pacifier was hard. We weaned them to only at night (which you've done) and then took it away from there. If you have her sleeping without it during the day it shouldn't be too much of a transition. What about trying a new stuffed animal, maybe something she picks out, and when she wants her pacifier give her that instead? As for potty training. None of my kids were trained until between 3 and 3 1/2. If she's interested I'd let her try, but don't stress about it. And DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT feel intimidated or inferior by other moms that talk about, "well MY child was trained before two," or, " my dear little juliette hasn't worn diapers since 30 months, even at night." You know what? She'll be pottytrained before she goes to kindergarten, and there's no sense in making it a family battle. I learned that the hard way. But, really, just pay attention to her. If she's ready, let her try it. But don't be hard on yourself if she's not. Every child is different.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'll step down off my soapbox now. Good luck with everything. It's hard to know what's right and what's being pushed on you by other moms.
=^)
I weaned Hannah cold turkey on the paci. It's been GREAT!
ReplyDeleteAll advise thrown my way has been to wait as long as possible to potty train. I had a gal who has just potty trained her fourth kid say that she waited almost six months after her son started wanting to use the potty before she trained him. From what I've been told, this reduces "regression." We can chat soon!! :)
I did Sarah's paci cold turkey and have made a big deal out of her doll. She has done well. She still asked for it at nap time but she get over it (with only a minor temper tantrum).
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice on potty training. Sarah is not pushing the issue and I have enough other things going on I am not that worried about it. I will just continue.... Thanks for the imput. My mind is at ease!