Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Learning...

1+2=3

4+2=6

2+1+4=7

7+3=10


10-3=7

7-2=5
5-1=4
to grandma
I did mi work
Dade and Sarah

love from daddy and Sarah.



Sarah and I were working on adding and subtracting using different numbers of colored Legos. Sarah is learning the difference between the plus sign for adding and the minus sign for taking away.

Sarah wanted to send you a message that she was ‘doing her home school’. Her message originally read, “to grama I did mi wrk [with] Dade and sarah luve from dade and sarah.” Sarah noticed the crooked spell-check lines under some of the words and wanted to know what they meant, so I explained that those lines meant that the words were spelled wrong. So, of course she wanted to correct them. Spell check didn’t catch ‘mi’ or ‘Dade’ (daddy). So we learned how to spell grandma, work, and love. We also learned how to use the shift key to capitalize the first letter of a name.

Also of interest this week, Cory helped me unload groceries from the van, build a wardrobe, and he installed foot platforms onto their toy car with plastic screws by himself. Both kids are helping to set and clear the table, and load and unload the dishwasher – at least to drawers and cupboards that they can reach!

-Mike

1 comment: